Global Head of Product, Yahoo Answers
In charge of roadmap and strategy for the Yahoo! Answers, the world’s largest Q&A site (in 21 versions and 11 languages with over 3 billion answers.
- Increased overall Yahoo Answers monetization from $1.5m per month to $2.2m per month.
- Doubled mobile users from 40m to 80m from Aug 2011 to Aug 2012
- Released a read-write API
- Released a new ratings feature to improve engagement
- Worked across multiple time zones and cultures teams in London, Bangalore and Sunnyvale.
Product Manager, Yahoo Answers
In charge of product and ROI for two teams of engineers, web developers and QA working on features for the Yahoo! Answers.
- Introduced an agile methodology that later became the blueprint for all Answers development teams.
- Won a Yahoo You Rock! Award for outstanding contribution for a newly formed team.
- Delivered a mobile optimized version of the Answers site from design to launch in two months.
- Product managed two teams (concurrently) delivering features for the Answers site.
- Delivered features that achieved a 15% increase in engagement (i.e. daily rate of answers) in 2010 alone.
Head of Operations, MoveMe
Introduced a structured development process and linked up the technical, marketing, commercial, partnerships and design areas of the organisation into a cohesive whole. Managed a team of six developers, two designers and an offshore testing team.
- Was responsible for ROI priority of items on the product backlog
- Successfully moved the technical team into using an agile methodology,
- Implemented key strategic partnership with Royal Mail
- Successfully implemented white-labeled sites for partners such as MSN, Sky, Fish4, PropertyFinder, Royal Mail and others.
- Worked closely with Head of Marketing on creating iFrames, banners, improving conversions, launching affiliate programs.
- Implemented an SEO strategy that achieved rank 7 in Google for some generic keywords.
Project Manager Two-Ten Health
Project Manager Two-Ten Health are a company that make enterprise software for dental schools and universities. I was responsible for eight developers and three testers during my time.
- Successfully delivered two major versions of the Salud software on time and on budget – projects with a combined value of €1 million. This involved planning and resourcing (both development and testing)
- Reporting directly to CEO and Product Council to discuss progress, change requests, client welfare, support issues, establish priority etc.
- Was involved in the successful tender, acquisition and implementation of a member’s portal system for the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners
- Wrote specifications for new features and prioritised bugs
Founder, VTours SL
I started my own company producing multimedia-marketing tools for agents and property developers by creating virtual reality tours of property in Spain.
- Created the concept of virtual reality driven website to allow users to ‘explore’ the property both from a click-based and floor plan-based paradigm.
- Distributed the finished product either by hosting it on the web in a pre-designed template or by selling promotional CD-ROMs.